Upcoming WRC Boot Camps
- Virtual Online Bootcamps coming soon
How to Participate in ACT® Work Ready Communities
To participate in the ACT® Work Ready Communities Initiative, counties complete an application to engage in Work Ready Communities through the ACT® Work Ready Communities Boot Camp. Counties that are part of a statewide Work Ready Communities initiative should contact their state agency for application information. Counties in North Carolina click here for program and application information.
ACT Work Ready Communities Boot Camps include two sessions within a three month window. The Boot Camps are two-day sessions. We accept applications year-round.
A local WRC leadership team should have representatives from local government, economic development, community/technical colleges, K-12 system, and business/industry. Best practice models have shown a local team comprised of these leaders is most successful in the county becoming a certified ACT® Work Ready Community. A minimum of two team members participate in the ACT® Work Ready Communities Boot Camp; however, more members may attend if helpful. For more information, please download the ACT® Work Ready Communities for Counties overview.
Participating Counties Receive:
- Acceptance to ACT's WRC Boot Camp
- Process to build a framework to certify counties
- Common fundamental criteria to establish baseline goals for county certification
- Communication tools to help message initiative to key stakeholders
- Monthly data updates via this website to track progress against goals
- A process for building a sustainable workforce development approach