Upcoming WRC Boot Camps
Boot Camp 12 – 2, two day sessions
Session 1 - November 7-8, 2018
Session 2 - January 9-10, 2019
Boot Camp 12 will be held in Little Rock, Arkansas
How to Participate in ACT® Work Ready Communities
To participate in the ACT® Work Ready Communities initiative, counties complete an application to engage in Work Ready Communities through the ACT® Work Ready Communities Boot Camp. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACT Work Ready Communities Boot Camps include two sessions within a three month window. The Boot Camps are two-day sessions. We accept applications year-round.
A local WRC leadership team should have representatives from local government, economic development, community/technical colleges, K-12 system, and business/industry. Best practice models have shown a local team comprised of these leaders is most successful in the county becoming a certified ACT® Work Ready Community. A minimum of two team members participate in the ACT® Work Ready Communities Boot Camp; however, more members may attend if helpful. For more information, please download the ACT® Work Ready Communities for Counties overview.
Participating Counties Receive:
- Acceptance to ACT's WRC Boot Camp
- Process to build a framework to certify counties
- Common fundamental criteria to establish baseline goals for county certification
- Communication tools to help message initiative to key stakeholders
- Monthly data updates via this website to track progress against goals
- A process for building a sustainable workforce development approach