Job Profiles Completed 73
NCRC Data: 01-01-2006 - 03-31-2017
Engaged October 2013
24 16 15 21 12 11
97 80 70 96 70 101
52 44 39 54 30 25
1 0 1 0 3 1
3 of 102 counties participating
About Illinois Work Ready Communities
ACT Certified Work Ready Communities (CWRC) empowers counties and states with process, data and tools deployed in a common workforce development framework to drive economic growth by certifying counties as work ready communities when established goals are attained.
In Illinois, McLean, Sangamon and Will counties are taking part in a county-led initiative to directly engage with the ACT CWRC effort. The county's leaders are pioneers in leading this initiative in Illinois.
Think of it as a docking station where all participants plug into the common county-level ACT Certified Work Ready Community criteria as a part of establishing county goals.
The common criteria are based upon the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) and business engagement to create a community-based workforce development process that links, aligns and matches the county's workforce development efforts to the needs of business and industry. The ultimate goal: for all participating counties to achieve certified work ready status.
ACT is leading this national effort and offers a year-long CWRC Academy to help participants share best practices, customize the national implementation framework for their own needs and build career pathways aligned to growth industries.More on how to engage
Illinois employers are recognizing the ACT NCRC in support of Work Ready Communities goals
- Jefferson Franklin Community Action
- Innovate Springfield
- Community Foundation for the Land of
- Landmark Automotive Group
- Targeted Marketing Resources
- Kidzeum of Health and Science
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Illinois
- Regional Office of Career and Technical
- Land of Lincoln Credit Union
- FIRM Systems
- Neuhoff Media
- Vertical Communications
- Dick Van Dyke Appliance World
- Advanced Healthcare Services LLC
- Alice Campbell Staffing Inc.
- Illini Bank
- All In One On-Site Wash & Detail
- Charlie Parker's Diner
- The Arizona Tile Company
- International Eyecare Center
- Lincoln Land Community College
- Land of Lincoln Workforce Alliance
- National Catastrophe Solutions
- Springfield Public School District 186
- In Terminal Services
Does your business support job applicants with a National Career Readiness Certificate?
Founded in 1959, ACT is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa, and dedicated to helping people achieve education and workplace success. ACT provides a broad array of assessment, research, information and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development.